Saturday, June 29, 2013

Be Ready to Follow the Lord

Jesus tells us, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of the Man has no place to lay his head." Jesus says, "Follow me." Luke 9: 57-62

As I have been cleaning and organizing my room the last couple days, I have realized how much useless stuff that I have. This stuff just builds and builds until I feel that my life is consumed of stuff. Why do I need to accumulate so many things? The Lord tells me that I don`t need these things and that they will get in the way of serving him. So after clean sweeping a few things this afternoon, I was looking out my window and I saw a Black-capped Chickadee bird fly over to the large flower pot that is right below my window. I found out that she is a mamma bird. She had built a nest in the pot and she had little babies in the nest that she was feeding. As I watched the mamma bird feed her babies, I thought of the Lord and how He feeds me with His Word. He is all I need and I need to follow Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment